LISTENING SKILL - A STORY-TELLING

In this post you will find an activity to work listening´s skill where you can listen carefully to the famous story of "The Hare and The Tortoise" to, later, answer the questions that are presented to them in the Educaplay game

If necessary, you can listen to the story as many times as you need. I recommend that, first of all, you carefully read the document where you are asked to respond to the questions raised.

Then, I recommend that you three tips for listening:

1. Listen for the first time trying to locate the key concepts of the reading.

2. Listen a second time to understand the information and relate it to what is requested in the document to be filled in.

3. Listen one last time to complete the process and check your answers.

In this case, you will watch the video and as it happens, you will be presented with certain questions pertaining to the story. You can repeat the game as many times as you need and/or want. 

ASSESSMENT CRITERIA 📋

  • Perform active and passive listening on the proposed audio.
  • Understands history and recognizes its vocabulary.
  • Carefully analyze the grammatical structures to identify it in the quiz.

When in doubt, I read you in comments.

Luck!

Listening audio

Reference: Cocomelon-Nursery Rhymes. (July 13, 2018). The Tortoise and the Hare. Video [YouTube]

Educaplay game

Reference: Own elaboration

Comments

  1. Hello Andrea,
    I loved the idea that you propose to practice listening. I think it's a good way to make students pay attention to what they're listening to, otherwise they won't be able to move forward in the video. It is also a fun activity. You have also explained the activity very well and there are no doubts to be able to do it. The only thing not so good that I could say is that it seems strange to me that the background is black, but otherwise I loved it. Very good work classmate!

    I have also proposed a different listening activity, for a higher level of English. It's on my blog, I hope it's useful for you.

    Greetings,
    Andrea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Andrea, thank you very much for your comment.
      I hope it has been useful to you.
      The explanation of the black background is to be able to highlight the key letters with neon blue and to highlight the resources.
      Good day.
      Andrea

      Delete

Post a Comment